chapter in session represents the whole Society and is its highest
internal legislative authority.
As such, it:
- takes cognizance of the Society's state in its totality and in
the various units which compose it;
- joins individuals and communities more closely in brotherly
- inspires all to new zeal for our religious-missionary life and
- seeks by reflection and common deliberation adequate solutions
for current problems;
- issues decrees and ordinances deemed necessary and opportune
in response to the Lord speaking to us constantly through the
church and the world.